Sunday 22 March 2015

W10: Getting there? Or....

    Well, isn't it wonderful that the sun has come out, the sky is beautifully blue and the birds are chirping? Despite the fact that the TA's have been on strike and that I have been a little behind in my labs, I can't believe we're so far into the semester. The strike has been a little frustrating as we have not been provided with the help I find extremely beneficial during labs and I have not taken it upon myself, unlike this fellow classmate, https://taylorluntslog.wordpress.com/2015/02/26/week-7-one-way-or-another-im-gonna-find-you/, who has taken it upon himself to learn the material by himself and not be completely dependent on the profs. I can't believe that we only have less than two weeks really, before it's finals.

  • we talked about devising tests for subtract square, which we did examples for. Examples with diagrams which made it a little clearer to follow.
  • the assert statement in python, which is used to insert assertions into programs for debugging
  • unittest and test cases, which I remember doing in 108. Unittest was explained fairly well in the textbook we used for 108, Practical Programming: An Introduction to Computer Science Using Python 3; the examples were easy to understand as well as the guidelines on their structures.
  • Assignment 3 has been released and we've talked quite a bit about that; as there are two options for us on how we would like to complete the assignment. Both of which Prof. Heap went over in lecture. Due very very soon. Eeeeek! 

    Sometimes, as the end of the semester nears, I feel relieved and terrified at the same time. I feel like csc148 was a bit of a jump from csc108 and sometimes I'm afraid I haven't completely made it or that everyone else is successful while I'm still trying to find my way.
©Alex Kuo
That's all I have to say for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment