Saturday 14 March 2015

W9: Ode to 148

The anxiety rattling my nerves,
all weekend, and on monday too.
On tuesday was my 165 test,
and 148 on wednesday; how could I not be stressed?
Exams so soon, how could this be true.

And then the weekend was over,
and monday came too soon.
Oh proofs, if only I knew what to do.
And 148, please give me a clue-
I prayed as I looked at the beautiful moon.

In psych I could not sit still,
I could not focus and my mind wandered.
I thought about the test of 165,
as I waited for 2:00 to arrive.
About university and life I pondered.

Right after handing in the test,
for a question, I thought of a better solution.
No time to dwell on that though-
I just hope the mark won't be too low.
Now time to review about code execution.

Tuesday afternoon I was quite busy.
Studying had to be put off till a bit later,
but trust me, computer science is no jest.
So I ALWAYS try my best,
too bad there's always someone greater.

And so the studying began,
or I guess it would deemed procrastination by then.
The reviewing of labs, and binary trees,
that I had to open my window to allow for a cool breeze.
I really needed to be quite zen.

Linked Lists?
Where do I even begin.
Probably at self.front,
walking through the list, continuing the hunt
until I reach self.back, or West Berlin?

Binary trees, bst's and linked lists,
up until 3:00, "studying"/writing my aid sheet.
If only I could do really well, 
but I started getting tired, that I could tell.
I dreamt I did well, if that was real, wouldn't it be sweet.

Wednesday morning, I was very nervous.
Then it was time, and I made it through. 
I think I understood, 
can't say for sure if I did good, 
but for now, I bid you adieu.

2 comments:

  1. Ahahaha this is great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you liked it :)

      I read your post for W9 and I can't seem to comment on your blog so I'll comment here:
      The weather has been getting nicer so I'd definitely say enjoy the the sunshine and outdoors. Winter had me feeling all cooped up at my place most of the time and I'm glad to be enjoying the outdoors as well as relaxing at my favourite places around campus. Shake off those winter blues!
      Also, work doesn't necessarily have to make you feel blue. Even though a2 was sometimes frustrating and panic-inducing, I managed to have some great laughs with my group which just made it a little more enjoyable. Good luck to you! :)

      Delete